Clerk / Registrar's Office
The Township Clerk serves as Secretary to the Governing Body and is responsible for the municipal legislative processes. Working in unison with the Township Council and Township staff the Clerk’s office provides many services to the community while preserving the history of the Township.
- Township Council Support: Key liaison between residents and local government
- General Code: Provide the public with access to all legislation, resolutions, minutes and agendas
- Election Administration: Responsible for all local elections; providing Voter Registration Forms and Mail-in-Ballot Applications
- Licenses and Permits: Processing of various licenses and permits that are routinely used by the public. Licenses and Permits included but not limited to Dog Licenses, Limousine Licenses, Liquor Licenses, Bingo and Raffle Licenses, Solicitor’s Permits, 5K and Walk-a-Thon Permits, Block Party Permits
- Public Records: OPRA Requests received and processed according to statutory requirements
- Vital Statistics: Issue Marriage and Civil Union licenses, provide certified copies of birth, marriage/civil union and death records
Marriage/Civil Union licenses are by appointment only. Please call 973-263-4351 to schedule an appointment. The process for obtaining a license can be found under FORMS – Entering into a Marriage or Civil Union.
Payment for Vital Records and Marriage/Civil Union Licenses are by cash or money order ONLY.
Voter Registration forms and absentee ballot applications may be obtained from the Clerk's Office.
Please click on the link below to access the Parsippany Township Council Agenda.